Orange County White Collar Crime Lawyers
Trust Your Case to Our Defense Firm
“White collar crime” generally refers to a financial crime that doesn’t involve any violence and is typically committed by a business or government professional. Examples of white collar crimes include corporate fraud, money laundering, and financial services fraud.
If you have been accused, reach out to our Orange County white collar crime lawyers at Ferrentino & Associates. We have the experience and resources to fight for you and protect your reputation.
Corporate fraud cases are complex and usually involve multiple parties with significant assets.
They can include the following and more:
- Manipulating or falsifying financials. Corporate executives and managers are often required to provide accurate and complete financial representations of the company to shareholders and regulators. Criminal liability may arise where these financial representations are incorrect or misleading.
- Self-dealing of corporate insiders. Two of the most common types of self-dealing by corporate insiders include insider trading (trading on non-public information) and misuse of corporate assets. Corporate executive and managers have a duty to prioritize the interests of the company and shareholders.
- Public corruption. Public officials accepting bribes in return for the awarding of favorable contracts, legislation etc.
Money laundering generally occurs when funds are obtained illegally but concealed or disguised to appear legitimate (money laundering also occurs when legitimate money is used for illicit purposes).
The United States Department of Justice has identified the following as activities often associated with money laundering:
- Mortgage Fraud
- Medical Fraud
- Drug trafficking including marijuana
- Human trafficking
- Identify theft
Money laundering can also occur in the financial and healthcare industries. The consequences can be serious for those convicted of money laundering.
Financial Services Fraud
Some common financial service fraud crimes include:
- Investment fraud. With an aging population regulators throughout the country have become increasingly concerned with investment fraud. Investment frauds come in many shapes and sizes such as Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, and trade manipulation.
- Market manipulation. Many professionals in the financial services industry have access to nonpublic information. When this information is inappropriately used it can be considered fraud.
Accusations of financial fraud are serious. If you have been accused of fraudulent financial services, you should contact an experienced white collar criminal defense attorney in Orange County as soon as possible.
Serving the Criminally Accused Throughout the Area
With over 30 years of collective experience, Ferrentino & Associates provides big law firm resources with a boutique law firm feel. We have been recognized for our experience and dedication by both Super Lawyers (2016, 2015, 2014) and the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California (2016, 2015, 2014).