Orange County Misdemeanor Defense Lawyer
Call Our Criminal Defense Attorneys for Counsel!Ferrentino & Associates provides criminal defense representation for those accused of misdemeanor offenses. A misdemeanor is typically a lesser offense that does not involve violence. Misdemeanor offenses in California can include:
- Domestic violence
- Possession of marijuana
- Resisting arrest
- Petty and grand theft
- Assault and battery
- Disorderly conduct/drunk in public
- Possession of paraphernalia
- Under the Influence
- False information to police officer vandalism
- Reckless driving/speeding
- Violation of restraining orders
- Weapons charges
- Driving on a suspended license
- Probation violations
Call Ferrentino & Associates at to get started.
How Can a Misdemeanor Conviction Impact You?While misdemeanor offenses do not typically have the same penalties as felony offenses, there can still be long-lasting consequences such as:
- Getting and keeping a job. A criminal record can impact your ability to get and keep a job. Many employers conduct background checks on those they are considering to hire, a mark on your criminal record can make all the difference.
- Military and education limitations. Having a misdemeanor conviction can limit your ability to get into the military. It can also impact your ability to get grants or other funding to attend school.
- Professional development. Many professional organizations conduct thorough background checks on all applicants. A criminal record can bar or slow admission to many of these organizations.
- Immigration consequences. Many misdemeanor crimes are considered crimes of moral turpitude and can cause an immigrant, even a legal permanent resident, to be deported, excluded and/or denied naturalization. Simple misdemeanor drug crimes can cause immediate deportation and a lifetime ban from re-entering the United States.