Call Our Criminal Defense Attorneys for Counsel!
Ferrentino & Associates provides criminal defense representation for those accused of misdemeanor offenses. A misdemeanor is typically a lesser offense that does not involve violence.
Misdemeanor offenses in California can include:
- Domestic violence
- Possession of marijuana
- Resisting arrest
- Petty and grand theft
- Assault and battery
- Disorderly conduct/drunk in public
- Possession of paraphernalia
- Under the Influence
- False information to police officer vandalism
- Reckless driving/speeding
- Violation of restraining orders
- Weapons charges
- Driving on a suspended license
- Probation violations
A misdemeanor offense can be escalated to a felony charge when violence (or the threat of violence) is used or where other facts and circumstances make the criminal act more serious. It is important to have an experienced Orange County criminal defense attorney review the charges against you to make sure they are appropriate.
Call Ferrentino & Associates at to get started.
How Can a Misdemeanor Conviction Impact You?
While misdemeanor offenses do not typically have the same penalties as felony offenses, there can still be long-lasting consequences such as:
- Getting and keeping a job. A criminal record can impact your ability to get and keep a job. Many employers conduct background checks on those they are considering to hire, a mark on your criminal record can make all the difference.
- Military and education limitations. Having a misdemeanor conviction can limit your ability to get into the military. It can also impact your ability to get grants or other funding to attend school.
- Professional development. Many professional organizations conduct thorough background checks on all applicants. A criminal record can bar or slow admission to many of these organizations.
- Immigration consequences. Many misdemeanor crimes are considered crimes of moral turpitude and can cause an immigrant, even a legal permanent resident, to be deported, excluded and/or denied naturalization. Simple misdemeanor drug crimes can cause immediate deportation and a lifetime ban from re-entering the United States.
Our lead criminal defense lawyer in Orange County has experience both as a public defender and in the private sector for more than 20 years. She knows how the other side of the courtroom is thinking when crafting their charges against you. Together the attorney’s at Ferrentino & Associates have over 30 years of combined experience. Let us help you protect your future and your reputation in the face of a misdemeanor offense!
Why Choose Ferrentino & Associates?
Ferrentino & Associates provides defense for your peace of mind. We offer an open-line of communication with all our clients to ensure that they understand each step of the legal process. When you retain our counsel, you can be confident knowing we have over three decades of experience, boast an award-winning reputation, and a have a Certified Criminal Law Specialist on staff.
Let us review the charges against you today. Call for a case evaluation.