Accused? We Serve Clients Throughout the Region!
A conviction of fraud can have serious and lasting consequences. You should have an experienced criminal defense team on your side as soon as possible. If you are looking for a specialist who can deal with voluminous material and devote their time and attention to your case, contact the Certified Criminal Law Specialist at Ferrentino & Associates.
With a team of Orange County fraud defense attorneys, we are more than prepared to defend your future. Our team has been recognized time and time again for our work and boasts 30+ years of collective experience.
If you have been charged, call today to get started.
What Is Considered a Fraud Crime?
Fraud crimes typically involve the taking of another’s property through deceit.
Types of fraud crimes include:
- Email phishing scams. Cyber crimes are becoming more common and the use of email to get personal information has become a frequent occurrence.
- Charity frauds. Misleading donors about the existence of charity or the work that the charity conducts could be considered a fraud crime.
- Pyramid schemes. Common in the financial service industry, a pyramid scheme takes new investment money to pay returns to “investors.”
- Identity theft. The unlawful use of another’s personal information (such as social security numbers, dates of birth, addresses, etc.) is another type of fraud crime.
- Worker compensation. The unlawful classification of employees to avoid paying the proper premiums to insurance carriers.
- Unemployment fraud. The unlawful claim of unemployment benefits when not warranted.
- Perjury. Provide false information on any government form requiring an affidavit under penalty of perjury
Charged with a fraud crime? Contact us to discuss your case. We can thoroughly review all of the facts and then discuss your options.
Do I Really Need to Hire a Lawyer?
Self-representation is extremely difficult. When you have a skilled advocate on your side, you can be confident every detail of your case will be taken into consideration and thorough attention devoted to your defense. An experienced fraud defense lawyer will understand your situation and be able to provide you with the defense and guidance you need. You should look for an attorney who takes the time to communicate with and helps you understand what is happening in your case. More than that, your lawyer should have the experience and proven skill to walk you through this process.
Get the Defense You Need During This Time
The Orange County fraud crime lawyers at Ferrentino & Associates have been defending clients throughout the area for more than two decades. Correen Ferrentino is a Certified Criminal Law Specialist and our team has been recognized with numerous awards and accolades over the years.
We offer a initial consultation. Call us today at to schedule an appointment with our dedicated staff.